Pearl barley is ground whole-grain barley. This cereal name derives from the word “pearls” and it has long been named as pearl groats. Boiled pearl barley is indeed valuable by its useful properties as a real pearl. Boiled pearl barley is a healthy dish for it contains proteins and starch, vitamins of group B, vitamins A, E, D, iron, calcium, copper, iodine as well as a lot of lysine. This is a real depository of phosphorous needed for a mental activity (pearl barley contains 2 times much phosphorous than sea fish do).
- Pearl barley TM “Zhmenka” does not need to be sorted and washed.
- It is easy to measure the required amount of pearl barley – 1 sachet 2 servings.
- No need to measure the required amount of water.
- No need to monitor the readiness of pearl barley – it is ready as soon as it takes up the entire volume of the bag.
- Pearl barley does not scorch and does not stick to the walls of the pan, so washing dishes is always easy and simple.
- Pearl barley TM “Zhmenka” is always delicious.
Pearl barley in boil-in-bags for cooking ТМ “Zhmenka” is presented in the packaging of the 4th bag of 100 g.
- Thanks to the special grinding technology in the pearl groats of TM Zhmenka, the shell has been optimally removed, which helps to accelerate the cooking process and preserve all the natural features characteristic of this type of cereal (density, grain size).
- Thanks to careful control of grain selection and 3-stage post-treatment, pearl barley TM “Zhmenka” has whole selected grains and is characterized by the absence of impurities.
- Pearl barley is a real treasury of phosphorus, which is necessary for the brain to work (in pearl barley contains twice as great phosphorus than in sea fish).
- NO GMO. Pearl barley TM “Zhmenka” grown without the use of genetically modified organisms.
- Quality control at all stages of production.
- Own production provides quality control at every stage of production. Safety is guaranteed by the FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000 food safety management system implemented in the production.
How to cook?
Preparing pearl barley in boil-in-bags TM “Zhmenka” is very easy, simple and fast:
- Pour 1 liter of water into the pan. Boil. Dip a bag of pearl barley into it.
- Season with salt and simmer over low heat for 35 to 40 minutes until cooked.
- Pull out a bag of pearl barley with a fork by the loop. Allow water to drain.
- Open the bag by tearing it along a special line.
- Put the prepared pearl barley on a plate and season to taste.
Key Cooking Bag Advantages
- Special tape with openings to open a bag easily.
- A safe and strong bag. You can cook a few sorts of groats in one pot at the same time.
- Natural groats. The use of specially selected grains.
- A handy loop for a safe bag keeping.
- A special heat-resistant food tape made by European Standards for safe and comfortable groats cooking.
- A micro perforated tape bag. An easy access for hot water to boil each grain off in a bag.