TM Zhmenka split peas is the halves of big peas grains of almost one and the same size, and partially released from external shell with the colours starting from light yellow to rich yellow of different shades. Split peas healthy properties are that it is well digested and contains mineral elements (Ca, P, Fe, Mg, Zn) and vitamins (В1, В3, E, PP) favouring better metabolism, providing normal tissue regeneration, playing an important role in the central nervous system activity and favourably acting on a body with atherosclerosis and vascular diseases.
- Only high quality pea kernels. 3-stage raw material post-retention guarantees pure high quality TM Zhmenka split peas kernels (absence of spoiled and beaten kernels).
- Pea halves even boling. A special shelling sort is applied for pea production. Due to this TM Zhmenka pea halves are whole and have got the identical size that guarantees pea even boiling.
- Quick soft-boiled peas. Split peas means the division of peas in two parts. Peas are released from external shells, therefore, TM Zhmenka peas contains less rough fiber and is fester and considerably soft-boiled.
- Admixtures absence and peas identical colour. The use of the selected pea sorts provides similar pea halves colour (from light yellow to brown and yellow colour) and peas admixture absence (including green fodder peas).
- TM Zhmenka split peas contain maximum nutritious elements. Due to careful production technology TM Zhmenka split peas contain maximum nutritious elements: 46% of proteins, 91% of vitamin E, 64% of vitamin В1.
- GMO Free. Peas are raised without using genetically modified organisms.
- Each-stage production quality control. TM Zhmenka’s own production provides with the quality control at the every split peas production stage.
- Product safety is guaranteed by the FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000 food safety management system implemented in the production.
How to cook?
In view of their properties peas can be used for cooking both main course and garnish for meat or fish dishes, and a base for minced meat or soup.
- Soak split peas in cold water for 1 hour period.
- Rinse peas halves and pour them over with fresh water counting 1:2.
- Boil with weak fire under a lid for 40-45 min.
- Salt 15 min before the end of peas cooking.
There are no reviews yet.