Wheat grains are an indispensable source of iron that takes part in muscle activities, the processes of blood formation and the intracellular exchange. They contain such minerals as phosphorous, silver, zinc, zirconium, iron and others as well as beta-carotene, vitamins B1, B2 and PP, proteins, vegetable fats and starches etc.
Wheat groats are especially good in autumn-winter period for they favour strengthening immunity. Wheat porridge differs by its high choline content (choline is a matter that regulates fat exchange in a body).
Advantages Wheat Groats
- Cooked wheat grains are always crumbly. Each TM Zhmenka wheat grain has an even edge cut (glassiness more than 95%) and it has no shorts (white dust sticking wheat grains). Therefore, cooked wheat grains are always crumbly.
- Even wheat grains cooking. Identical grain size provides a quick and even wheat grains cooking.
- Hard sorts wheat. TM Zhmenka wheat groats produced of hard wheat sorts have high protein content and low starch (carbohydrates) content as compared with soft wheat sorts. Hard sorts wheat is easy to distinguish. It has golden bright natural colour.
- Selected wheat taste and fragrance. Wheat porridge cooked of TM Zhmenka wheat groats has got a natural wheat fragrance due to special wheat sorts and careful production technology.
- TM Zhmenka wheat groats contain maximum nutritious elements. Due to careful production technology TM Zhmenka wheat groats contain maximum nutritious elements: 21% of vitamin В1, 31% of iron, 33% of phosphorus.
- GMO Free. Wheat grains are raised without using genetically modified organisms.
- Each-stage production quality control. TM Zhmenka’s own production provides with the quality control at the every wheat groats production stage.
- Product safety is guaranteed by the FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000 food safety management system implemented in the production.
How to cook Wheat Groats?
- One wheat groats measure to be washed well with water.
- To add three measures of water.
- To salt to taste.
- To cook on small fire for 15-20 min until water boils-off.