Maize porridge is a unique source of antioxidants which protect our body cells from the environment negative influence. Maize porridge is also rich in polysaturated and fat acids that regulate the cholesterol level in blood. Maize porridge is a popular dish for children not only that it is yellow like the sun and very tasty but also that this porridge favours immunity increase. Cornmeal digests well in a body, cleans the gastrointestinal tract due to considerable cellulose content and takes out pesticides and heavy metals remains.
- Ideally Small and Pure. TM Zhmenka cornmeal do not contain pedicles (white pieces of maize ears) because it is produced by cutting off cornmeal kernels from an ear and by grinding thoroughly. Therefore, maize porridge turns out delicate and soft. (On the whole cornmeal presented at the market are with parts of pedicles as manufacturers in pursuit of money saving do not cut off cornmeal kernels but tear out them from maize ears to get a big amount of maize grains. Pedicles (maize ear parts) are cooked badly and may crunch in the teeth.)
- TM Zhmenka Cornmeal are produced of selected maize. Maize grains are produced of selected maize that is why there are no spoiled maize kernel parts (black spots). It has natural sunny yellow colour.
- It has got a unique fragrance and natural taste. Cornmeal are produced of special sugar maize sorts. Therefore, maize porridge possesses a delicate aroma and a natural taste.
- TM Zhmenka cornmeal contain maximum nutritious elements. Due to careful production technology TM Zhmenka cornmeal contain maximum nutritious elements: 27% of vitamin Е, 19% of iron, 13% of vitamin В1.
- GMO Free. Cornmeal are raised without using genetically modified organisms.
- Each-stage production quality control. TM Zhmenka’s own production provides with the quality control at the every cornmeal production stage.
- Product safety is guaranteed by the FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000 food safety management system implemented in the production.
How to cook?
Maize porridge is cooked by different ways: boiled in a pot, baked in an oven, prepared in multi-boiling and porridge-cooking pots. You may cook them in any way since maize porridge and hominy or polenta turn out tasty and healthy. Do find a recipe close to you.
- One maize crops measure to wash out in water.
- To add three measures of water, make it boil.
- To salt to taste.
- To cook it on small fire for 15-20 min until prepared.