Devzira rice is grown only in the Fergana Valley, which is actually closed by mountain ranges and is saturated only with water of melted snow.
Devzira’s rice proves its name “Pink Pearl of the East”. It is the unique growing conditions that allow you to get the true rice for cooking pilaf. Large grains of rice are covered with cream-brown powder, which gives the rice crumbly and velvety after cooking.
During the preparation of Devzir rice grains, they absorb water well, become elastic and dense, but at the same time retain their characteristic softness and velvety.
Devzira rice grains always hold their shape and increase in volume several times!
Advantages of Devzira rice TM Zhmenka
- Rice Devzira has characteristic elongated stripes that prove its authenticity. Each grain of Devzira’s rice has a characteristic dark stripe that runs along the line. This strip has the property to always remain on the line, even after cooking! This strip is an indicator for determining the authenticity of Devzira’s rice.
- Rice Devzira for pilaf is extremely useful. Devzira rice is covered with a characteristic powder, which is absent in other varieties of rice. This difference is due to the fact that ordinary rice is ground, removing the top useful layer of grain. Unlike ordinary rice, rice grains Devzira for pilaf are peeled. In the process, a powder is formed, which consists of crushed germ and the outer shell of rice grain. Due to this, Devziras rice retains many nutrients, B vitamins, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc.
- In the Devzira rice of TM “Zhmenka” the maximum of useful substances is preserved. Thanks to modern technologies of production and careful peeling in Devzira’s rice of TM “Zhmenka” the maximum of useful substances is kept: 23% of phosphorus, 8% of zinc, 18% of protein.
- GMO free. Rice for Devzira is grown without the use of genetically modified organisms.
- Quality control at all stages of production. Devzira rice of TM “Zhmenka” passes quality control at all stages of production.
- Rice safety is guaranteed by the FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000 food safety management system implemented in production.
How to cook rice Devzira rice for pilaf
In the process of cooking Devzira rice, in contrast to ordinary rice, absorbs much more fat, water, and most importantly – spices, so it is literally saturated with aromas and charms of related products. The grains of this rice increase in size, while the grains become large, soft and always keep their shape.
Preparation: soak one measure of rice in warm water for 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly until it becomes transparent. Add two measures of water, bring to a boil. Add salt to taste. Cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes until done.
The cooking method of Fergana pilaf.
1 kg of Devzira rice, 1 kg of lamb, 100 g of salo, 1 kg of carrots, 3 onions, 2 heads of garlic, 150 g of vegetable oil, 1.5 tsp. cuminum, 1-2 whole pods of chili pepper, salt to taste.
- Separate the meat from the bones and cut into small pieces, salo – cubes, onions – thin rings, carrots – straws. Sprinkle the carrots with a pinch of sugar and mix well. Peel the garlic.
- Rinse Devzira rice well until the water is clear.
- Heat the oil in a bowl and melt the salo. Fry the pits, onions, lamb and carrots alternately, adding a pinch of salt and cuminum anise.
- Pour 2 liters of water. When the water boils, add the garlic and pepper. Add salt, reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add the rice, leveling it on the surface of the pot, and cook until the rice absorbs all the water. 10 minutes before ready, sprinkle the pilaf with mashed cuminum and cover with a lid. Leave for 25 minutes.
- Stir well and serve.